Table of Contents
Updated by Moises Morales
Adding Inventory Items
Inventory can be added in a number of ways but here are two common ways most customers add them in: by Scanning or manually entering the information.
Scanning Inventory items into Sonar
If you have inventory set up for a particular model that includes all necessary fields such as MAC addresses or serial numbers, scanning the items into Sonar is easy and efficient.
Most distributors, depending on the inventory system they are using will provide you with a bulk item barcode that contains all of the data for your equipment. For example, if you order 100 routers, the bulk item barcode contains data for all 100 routers making it easy to add your inventory with just one scan. In the example below, only one item is being added via the scanner.
- Go to Inventory on the left pane
- Click on “Create” on the top left-hand corner
- Click “Add Item” on the item that you are about to add (in the below example, a Cambium Switch is being added
- Enter the Assignee – in this example, the Assignee is an Inventory Location
- Scan the MAC ADDRESS located on the hardware (barcode)
- The MAC ADDRESS should automatically populate in the appropriate field.
- Ensure you select the STATUS of the product (i.e. functional, failed etc).
- Enter the PURCHASE PRICE NUMBER
Manually entering Inventory Items into Sonar
Follow steps from 1 – 5 and then enter the information manually into the fields (i.e. MAC ADDRESS or Serial Number)
Importing Inventory via CSV file
Most distributors will include a CSV or Excel file with all shipments ordered. If your Inventory table for a particular model matches the CSV file, you can click "Import CSV" and choose the file.
- Click "Import CSV" and select the file from your PC or wherever it is stored.
Below is a sample CSV/excel file:
Assigning Inventory Items
When creating inventory models in Sonar, an Assignee must be selected to ensure the inventory is properly tracked. If you need move the item to a different assignee, follow the steps below:
- Go to Inventory on the left pane and search for the item
- Select the item you need to move to another Assignee
- Click on "Edit" at the bottom right hand corner
- Click Edit and and select the new Assignee
- Click “Submit”