First Time Setup
Getting Started With Jobs
Getting Started with Ticketing
Setting Sonar up for Billing
Getting Started with Accounts
Getting Started with Inventory
User Specific Resources
How To: Using Sonar's Customer Portal
Account Types: Overview & Example Use Cases
Account Statuses: Overview & Example Use Cases
Account Management View: Overview
Scheduled Events: Overview & Use Cases
Notes & Tasks: Best Practices & Use Cases
Child Accounts: Best Practices & How Tos
Disconnecting an Account
FCC Broadband Data Collection (BDC) Filings: How Sonar Can Help
Account List View: Overview
Specify Account ID upon Creation
Lead Intake Form Processing
Account Groups: Overview & Example Use Cases
CPUC Fixed Broadband Deployment by Address
Serviceable Addresses: Overview and Usage
FCC Data Exports: General Overview and Usage
Creating a New Account
Setting up Bank Account & Credit Card Processors
General Ledger Codes: Overview
Building a Data Service
Delinquency Billing Best Practices
Accounts in Vacation Mode
Batch Payments & Deposit Slips: Overview
Creating Discounts for Services and Packages
Setting Up Payment Methods and Taking Payments
Canadian ACH tool
Printed Invoice Batches: Overview
Delinquency Exclusions: Overview and Use Cases
Multi-Month Billing & Multi-Month Services
How to Take Bank Account Payments
Email Invoice Batch: Overview
ACH Batching: Overview
General Transactions: Best Practices
Usage Based Billing Policies: Overview and Usage
How to: Adding a Service to an Account
Usage Based Billing Policy Free Periods: Overview and Usage
Avalara: Overview & Setup
Print to Mail
Setting up an Outbound Email Domain
Triggered Emails: Setup
Call Logs: General Best Practices
Using the Mass Email Tool
Email Messages: Example Content
Email Categories: Overview & Use Cases
Phone Number Types: Overview and Use Cases
Email Variables & Conditions
Invoice Attachment Use Cases & PDF Examples
Invoice Messages: Overview & Use Cases
Invoices in Sonar: Examples, Creation & Contents
Calix Integration: Overview
Webhooks in Sonar: Basic PHP Example
External Marketing Providers
The Sonar Field Tech App
How to Connect Preseem to your Sonar System
Tower Coverage Integration: Overview
GoCardless Integration: Overview & Setup
How to: Using Webhooks in Sonar
Setup of Inventory: Manufacturers, Categories, and Assignees
Inventory List View: Overview
Inventory Model Management: General Overview
Tracking and Using Consumable Inventory
Job Types: Best Practices
Setting Up Schedules General Overview
Applying Task Templates to Jobs
Scheduling Week View: Overview
Example Jobs & Templates
Scheduling How-to: Creating and Booking a Job
Jobs and Scheduling: Overview
Building a Monitoring Template
Pollers: General Overview, Deployment Strategy, Build Out & Setup
Building Alerting Rotations
IP Assignments & Sonar
MikroTik: Setting Up a Sonar Controlled DHCP Server
IPAM: Basic Setup
MikroTik as an Inline Device: Integration With Sonar
MikroTik: Controlling Speeds
MikroTik: Controlling Access
Setting Up CoA Proxy
RADIUS: Building Reply Attributes
Data Usage Available Methods
Pulse, Polling, and PHP
Using Multiple Network Devices in Sonar
Cable Modem Provisioning
Assigning RADIUS Addresses
Controlling Customer Speeds with Sonar: General Overview
RADIUS: Build-Out & Integration with Sonar
Network Dashboard: Overview
Being Cloud Native
Building a Device Mapper
Sonar IP Addressing
Automating IP Assignments, Data Rates, and Network Access in Sonar
Assigning an IP Address Using Sonar's IPAM: How to
Network Sites: Management View Overview
Building RADIUS Groups
Building Address Lists
Finding your OIDs
User Role Creation & Best Practices
Removing a Terminated Employee In Sonar
Password Policy In Depth
Application Firewall: General Overview and Best Practices
Role Creation using GraphiQL
How to Best Use Global Search
How Your Data is Backed Up
How To Use GraphiQL to Understand the Sonar API
Frequently Used Terms
Sonar's Rich Text Editor
Mutations in the Sonar API
API Calls Using Third Party Applications - Personal Access Tokens
The New Sonar API
Introducing the New Sidebar
A Deeper Dive into the New Sonar API
Consuming the Sonar API
Filtering: Simple vs Advanced
Browser Compatibility and Minimum Hardware Requirements for Sonar
REST API Wrappers for V1 Compatibility
My Info: Your Personal User Settings
Troubleshooting the Customer Portal
Interacting with Files via the API
Customizing Your Customer Portal
Understanding Sonar Reports
How To Enhance Your Reporting With Custom Field Data
Sonar's Business Intelligence: Overview
Canned Replies Examples & Templates
Canned Reply Categories
Inbound Mailboxes Example Build
Ticket Categories Best Practices & Example Build
Exploring Ticket Groups
Using Parent Tickets
How to Integrate Inbound Mailboxes with Slack
Advanced Ticketing Features
Working With the Sonar Team & Additional Resources
Sonar's Security Practices & Certifications
Sonar and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Technical Security Overview
CyberSecure Canada Certification
Sonar's Security Strategies
Best Practices for Fast Tracking a Support Request
How Sonar Bills Your Instance
The Sonar Status Page
Feedback Portal / Suggest a Feature
Sonar Casts Table of Contents
How to Request Termination of your Sonar Instance
Submitting Bugs vs. Feature Requests
Sonar to Sonar Instance Onboarding
Third Party Customer Support Referrals
Learning with Sonar: Tools and Resources
Table of Contents
Updated by Morgan Wynnes
Read Time: 4 mins
The Account list view in Sonar is the first screen you will see when navigating into your Sonar instance and can be accessed by clicking "Accounts" from the left side panel, underneath the Financial header. Every account in your Sonar instance will be displayed here, along with key details for the account, and different actions you can take. An overview of the information and features available from this screen is provided below.
- Filter Panel: This top panel houses the different filters that can be applied, as well as a text-based search bar, to drill down and limit the accounts list to only what you are interested in viewing. Through the Simple/Advanced toggle, you can switch between the simple filters (what is shown in the image above) and the advanced filters, depending on the search you are performing. For a more in-depth look at using simple and advanced filters, take a look at our Filtering: Simple vs Advanced article.
- Overview Column: Key details for the account are displayed within this column, and each item is discussed below.To help illustrate where these items can be found, the corresponding item for the example in the above image will be provided within brackets () below as well.
The name of the account is not necessarily the same as the name of the primary contact for the account.
- Name of the account (Peter Parent) - clicking the name will open the account, while clicking the arrow at the end of the row opens a sidebar window that contains additional details for the account.
- Account status (Active) - clicking here will open the Edit Account window, where you can modify the account details.
- Account type (Residential) - clicking on the account type will open the Edit Account window, where you can modify the account details.
- Any groups the account belongs to (Legacy Customers) - clicking here will open the Edit Account window, where you can modify the account details.
- Account ID (#1) - The ID number of the account.
- Company that the account is associated with (Westlake Wireless) - Details on the company are available by opening the sidebar.
- Contact Information Column: This column will display information for the primary contact of the account, as indicated by the 'Primary' label next to the contact name. The role of the contact is provided within brackets, beside the contact's name. The primary contact's email address is also displayed, directly above the contact's customer portal username (if the customer portal is enabled), and any available phone numbers will be listed along with the type of phone number it is (mobile, work, or home). Clicking the arrow at the end of the row will open a sidebar, with further details about the contact.The phone numbers displayed in this column have click-to-call functionality, so you can quickly call the contact without navigating away from the page.
- Serviceable Address: The serviceable address that the account is associated with is displayed here.
- Next Bill Date Column: Here you can view the next bill date for the account, which might differ between customers depending on how you have configured your billing parameters.
- Counts Column: The "counts" column displays 4 different items that can be associated with the account, along with the totals of each. From left to right these items are:
Hovering over each of the icons within the Counts column will display the item's label.
- Tasks: The total number of incomplete tasks on the account.
- Jobs: The total number of jobs that have not yet been completed for the account (i.e. jobs that have not yet been scheduled, are scheduled, or in progress).
- Notes: The total number of notes on the account.
- Accounts: The total number of child accounts that this particular account is linked to.
- Edit Menu: Clicking "Edit" will open the Edit Account window, where you can modify the account's details; clicking the downwards arrow next to "Edit" will provide you with additional actions you can take on the account, such as adding a call log, moving an IP assignment, disconnecting the account, or linking a parent account.
- Mass Email: By clicking the "Mass Email" button you will be brought into the Mass Email screen where you can send out a customized email to all, or a subset of, your customers. To learn more about the mass email feature you can review our Using the Mass Email Tool article here.
- Call Logs: The call logs screen, which contains all call logs across your instance, can be accessed by clicking the "Call Logs" button here. For more information on using call logs, take a look at our Call Logs: General Best Practices article.
- Create Account: Clicking this button will open the Create Account window where you can fill out the details to make a new account in your instance. From within this window, once you click "Create", you will automatically be navigated into that account's management page.