Table of Contents
Updated by Morgan Wynnes
Read Time: 4 mins
The personal user settings page (also known as the "My Info" page) houses information specific to your individual user within the Sonar instance. This article will provide an overview on the information contained here and how you can interact with it.
Navigating to Your User Settings
Navigating to your user settings page can be done quickly from any screen within Sonar. To do so:
- Click on your avatar from the top-right corner
- Click on your name from the drop down list that appears
My Info Overview
An overview and explanation of the content found on this page and the actions available to you are provided below.
- Main Header: this main panel displays the full name of the user, along with the "My Info" indicator to let you know which page you are currently viewing. This panel also contains additional user-specific details, such as:
- Name: the full name of the user.
- Username: the name that is used to access the Sonar instance.
- Public Name: the name that can be used to appear in public replies, such as in ticketing.
- Role: the role of the user within the instance; if the user is not a Super Admin, the specific role applied to their instance user will appear here and clicking it will open a side panel where you can view details of the permissions granted for that role.
- User Menu: a few different options are presented through the User Menu, which are detailed below:
- Update Info: clicking this button will open a window where you can view and modify any of the data that is displayed within the main header panel or the contact information section of the My Info page. From here you can also set the language preference for your instance user, along with a paginator size.The paginator size will determine how many results you see at one time in other areas of Sonar. For example, if your paginator size is set to 50, the Accounts list screen will display 50 results by default.
- Change Password: selecting this option will provide you with an Edit Password window, where you can update your account password.Upon saving the password change, you will be logged out of the Sonar instance and be required to sign back in with the new password.
- Create Personal Access Token: clicking on this option from the list will allow you to generate a personal access token for the user. You will first be prompted to provide a name for the access token (which will be displayed under the Personal Access Tokens section), and then after clicking "Create", the token will be displayed to you in a separate window.Your token will only be available after this form is submitted, and afterward will be hidden for security purposes. For this reason it is very important that you copy and store it somewhere safe.Once you have copied the token, you will then need to click "Confirm" - after these steps have been completed, the token will appear in the Personal Access Tokens section of the page.For more information on how you can utilize personal access tokens in Sonar, take a look at our article API Calls Using Third Party Applications - Personal Access Tokens.
- Update Info: clicking this button will open a window where you can view and modify any of the data that is displayed within the main header panel or the contact information section of the My Info page. From here you can also set the language preference for your instance user, along with a paginator size.
- Tasks: any incomplete tasks are displayed, along with the entity the task is attached to (which clicking on will launch a sidebar with further details), the task itself, the due date, and the status of whether the task has been completed yet.Once a task is marked as completed, it will no longer appear in this list.
- Contact Information: the phone number and email address set up for the user will be listed here; the phone number listed will also have click-to-call functionality.
- Jobs: any jobs that your user is assigned to will appear here, along with the date and time it is scheduled for, the length in minutes, the job type, and the entity that the job is associated with. Clicking on the job type or the entity will open a sidebar where additional details can be viewed for each item.Once a job has been completed, it will no longer appear in this list.
- Activity Log: a log of changes and activity on the user account is shown here, along with the avatar of the user responsible for the change, and a timestamp of when the change was made. Clicking on an item from the log will expand to show further details about that activity.
- Notification Settings: this is where users can select the type of notification they wish to receive, if any, for each of the listed events; through the "Email Me" and "In-App Notification" toggles, users can decide whether they wish to receive email alerts, in-app notifications, or both when specific events occur.By default, each newly created user will be set to receive in-app notifications for each action listed here.
When an in-app notification is received, a red badge will appear on the Sonar logo, indicating the number of unread notifications; clicking on the icon will open the notifications list where users can view further details.
- Personal Access Tokens: any personal access tokens that have been generated for the user will be listed here, along with the name the access token was given when created, the date and time it was created, and will provide the option to delete.