Our Products & Services
First Time Setup
Getting Started With Jobs
Getting Started with Ticketing
Setting Sonar up for Billing
Getting Started with Accounts
Getting Started with Inventory
User Specific Resources
How To: Using Sonar's Customer Portal
Account Types: Overview & Example Use Cases
Account Statuses: Overview & Example Use Cases
Account Management View: Overview
Scheduled Events: Overview & Use Cases
Notes & Tasks: Best Practices & Use Cases
Child Accounts: Best Practices & How Tos
Disconnecting an Account
Understanding the Affordable Connectivity Program
FCC Broadband Data Collection (BDC) Filings: How Sonar Can Help
Account List View: Overview
Specify Account ID upon Creation
Lead Intake Form Processing
Account Groups: Overview & Example Use Cases
Using Sonar's FCC Broadband Label Generation Tool
CPUC Fixed Broadband Deployment by Address
Anchor & Linked Serviceable Addresses: Overview and Best Practices
Serviceable Addresses: Overview and Usage
FCC Data Exports: General Overview and Usage
Creating a New Account
Setting up Bank Account & Credit Card Processors
General Ledger Codes: Overview
Building a Data Service
Delinquency Billing Best Practices
Accounts in Vacation Mode
Batch Payments & Deposit Slips: Overview
Creating Discounts for Services and Packages
Setting Up Payment Methods and Taking Payments
Canadian ACH tool
Printed Invoice Batches: Overview
Delinquency Exclusions: Overview and Use Cases
Multi-Month Billing & Multi-Month Services
How to Take Bank Account Payments
Email Invoice Batch: Overview
ACH Batching: Overview
General Transactions: Best Practices
Usage Based Billing Policies: Overview and Usage
How to: Adding a Service to an Account
Usage Based Billing Policy Free Periods: Overview and Usage
Using Tax Exemptions - How To
Avalara: Overview & Setup
Print to Mail
Setting up an Outbound Email Domain
Triggered Messages: Setup
Call Logs: General Best Practices
Using the Mass Message Tool
Saved Messages: Overview
Message Categories: Overview & Use Cases
Phone Number Types: Overview and Use Cases
Using Outbound SMS
Email Variables & Conditions
Communication Tools: Overview
How to: Setting Up a Company in Sonar
Managing Multiple Companies in Sonar: Best Practices
Rebranding your Sonar Instance
Invoice Attachment Use Cases & PDF Examples
Invoice Messages: Overview & Use Cases
Invoices in Sonar: Examples, Creation & Contents
Calix Integration: Overview
GPS Tracking Providers: Overview
Webhooks in Sonar: Basic PHP Example
Integrating with Calix Service Cloud
How to Connect Cambium to your Sonar Instance
RemoteWinBox - Integration with Sonar
External Marketing Providers
The Sonar Field Tech App
How to Connect Preseem to your Sonar System
Tower Coverage Integration: Overview
GoCardless Integration: Overview & Setup
Vetro FiberMap Integration: Overview
How to: Using Webhooks in Sonar
Setup of Inventory: Manufacturers, Categories, and Assignees
Inventory List View: Overview
Inventory Model Management: General Overview
Tracking and Using Consumable Inventory
Job Types: Best Practices
Setting Up Schedules General Overview
Applying Task Templates to Jobs
Scheduling Week View: Overview
Example Jobs & Templates
Scheduling How-to: Creating and Booking a Job
Edit Job Options
Jobs and Scheduling: Overview
Building a Monitoring Template
Pollers: General Overview, Deployment Strategy, Build Out & Setup
Building Alerting Rotations
IP Assignments & Sonar
MikroTik: Setting Up a Sonar Controlled DHCP Server
IPAM: Basic Setup
MikroTik as an Inline Device: Integration With Sonar
MikroTik: Controlling Speeds
MikroTik: Controlling Access
PacketLogic: Integration With Sonar
Setting Up CoA Proxy
RADIUS: Building Reply Attributes
Data Usage Available Methods
Pulse, Polling, and PHP
Using Multiple Network Devices in Sonar
Cable Modem Provisioning
Assigning RADIUS Addresses
Controlling Customer Speeds with Sonar: General Overview
RADIUS: Build-Out & Integration with Sonar
Network Dashboard: Overview
Being Cloud Native
Netflow Integration: Overview
Building a Device Mapper
Sonar IP Addressing
Automating IP Assignments, Data Rates, and Network Access in Sonar
Assigning an IP Address Using Sonar's IPAM: How to
Network Sites: Management View Overview
Building RADIUS Groups
Building Address Lists
Finding your OIDs
Understanding Sonar Reports
How To Enhance Your Reporting With Custom Field Data
Enhanced Business Intelligence - Tips & Tricks for Advanced Users
Sonar's Business Intelligence: Overview
User Role Creation & Best Practices
Removing a Terminated Employee In Sonar
Password Policy In Depth
Application Firewall: General Overview and Best Practices
Role Creation using GraphiQL
How to Best Use Global Search
How Your Data is Backed Up
How To Use GraphiQL to Understand the Sonar API
Frequently Used Terms
Sonar's Rich Text Editor
Mutations in the Sonar API
API Calls Using Third Party Applications: Personal Access Tokens
Date/Time Picker: Overview
The New Sonar API
Introducing the New Sidebar
Upgrading your Ubuntu OS - Customer Portal Upgrades
A Deeper Dive into the New Sonar API
Consuming the Sonar API
Filtering: Simple vs Advanced
Browser Compatibility and Minimum Hardware Requirements for Sonar
REST API Wrappers for V1 Compatibility
User Profile: Your Personal User Settings
Dynamic Time Zones in Sonar
System Settings: Overview
Troubleshooting the Customer Portal
Controlling Your Landing Page: Personal Preferences
Interacting with Files via the API
Getting Your Data into Sonar
Customizing Your Customer Portal
Canned Replies Examples & Templates
Canned Reply Categories
Inbound Mailboxes Example Build
Ticket Categories Best Practices & Example Build
Exploring Ticket Groups
Using Parent Tickets
How to Integrate Inbound Mailboxes with Slack
Advanced Ticketing Features
Working With the Sonar Team & Additional Resources
Sonar's Security Practices & Certifications
Sonar and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Technical Security Overview
CyberSecure Canada Certification
Sonar's Security Strategies
Best Practices for Fast Tracking a Support Request
How Sonar Bills Your Instance
The Sonar Status Page
The Sonar Community Forum
Feedback Portal / Suggest a Feature
Sonar Casts Table of Contents
How to Request Termination of your Sonar Instance
Submitting Bugs vs. Feature Requests
Third Party Customer Support Referrals
New Client Training Overview
Learning with Sonar: Tools and Resources
Table of Contents
Updated by Mitchell Paul-Soumis
Read Time: 5 mins
Scheduling jobs in your instance will often require a startling amount of foresight. Whether you schedule a single job or hundreds of jobs daily, being able to look forward and confirm availability is an invaluable tool in your Sonar toolbox. The Scheduling Week View, accessible from the main Scheduling module, provides this functionality, offering a condensed view of scheduled jobs on a weekly basis.
To access this page, click on "Week View" button on the Scheduling Table View:
What is the Week View
The Week View is a subset of the Scheduling module that will list all technicians, their scheduled jobs, drive times, blockers, and scheduled time-off within a specific selected week. Its primary usage is to provide a quick view of availability, and is not designed to allow for in-depth scheduling or booking new jobs. Despite the wealth of data available in the Week view, it's deceptively simple to understand its contents.
- The Job/Technician toggle allows you to switch between the available filtering panels, which will affect the filter list.
- The Filter list allows you to search the calendar or apply predefined filters, based on the selected filter toggle.
- The Dispatcher/Table View buttons will take you to their respective sections of the scheduling module
- The Weekends toggle allows you to control whether Sunday and Saturday will be displayed on the calendar. If your organization doesn't schedule jobs over the weekend, this toggle can be disabled, and the calendar will only show the 5 weekdays.
- The Zoom In/Out buttons allow you to modify the scope of the calendar. Rather than zooming in to a particular section, the magnification expands the size of each time block.
- The Week selector allows you to choose which date range will be shown in the calendar section. When you select a date, the corresponding week will be displayed.
- The This Week button will take you to the current week, and display those dates on the calendar.
- The Weekly Summary section will list
- Any unavailable technicians, at the top of each day.
- The total number of scheduled jobs in a day.
- The Total number of each job type in a day.If there are too many unique job types to list, hovering over the "+X more" listing will provide the total of all hidden types
- The current day, reflected by the blue line underneath the date
- The Current Time slider provides a visual reference for the current time while you're in the Week view.
- The Weekly Calendar view contains a visual representation of all your jobs in any given week. This calendar has several functions:
- Each row will list your technicians based on their daily schedule availability. A single row will show 12 technicians before you need to scroll horizontally to see more.
- Hovering over a job in the calendar will display a pop-up, showing information about the job.
- This section also shows a full 24 hours. When zoomed out as far as possible, you'll be able to see entire 12-hour sections at a time.
Filtering in the Week View
The filtering for the Week View, much like the Dispatcher View, takes place across 2 different subsections – Job and Technicians.
These filters are used to narrow the overall view to specific jobs or job types, showing only those filtered results in the weekly calendar.
- Search; which in this context will search through scheduled jobs in the selected week.
- Entity; which allows you to filter the scheduled jobs based on their assigned entity, whether a Network Site or Account.
- Job Type; which will show only jobs of the selected type on the calendar.
- Ticket; which will show jobs that have the selected ticket assigned to them.
- Assigned To; which will show all jobs assigned to the selected technician
These filters allow you to narrow your week view to show technicians who only meet specific criteria. Whether you're using the search bar, the predetermined fields, or advanced filtering, you'll be able to gain insight on specific technicians, and their workloads.
- Search; which in this context will search through your technician's based on ID or Name. The search bar will also find relevant details from other text, such as scheduled availability or schedule blockers.
- Geofence; which will show technicians based on the Geofences they've been assigned to.This filter touches on the Geofences section of the Job Type configuration, defined under Settings → Scheduling → Job Types.
- Job Type; which filters the technicians based on who is qualified to work the specific job type.
- Role; which filters the technician list based on their user role, defined in Settings → Security → Roles.
- User; which will display only the selected technician.
- Company; which will filter the technicians list based on which company (or companies) they're restricted to.This filter touches on the Companies section of the Job Type configuration, defined under Settings → Scheduling → Job Types.
- Start Address; which will filter technicians based on their start address, defined in Settings → Scheduling → Schedule Addresses.
- End Address; which will filter technicians based on their end address, defined in Settings → Scheduling → Schedule Addresses.