Table of Contents
Updated by Morgan Wynnes
Read Time: 4 mins
The printed invoice batch tool can be used to produce a single PDF document that contains all invoices generated for a specified date. In order for the invoice to be included in the generated PDF, the account they are associated with must have the preference for printed invoices enabled, under the account's billing configuration.
The size of these invoices is US Letter (8.5 inches x 11 inches/215.9mm x 279.4mm), and they are designed to be sent in a dual left window envelope. The remittance slip fits in a single left window envelope. If you are looking to include an envelope for the remittance slip, a #9 envelope should be sufficient to house the remittance slip while also fitting inside the envelope used for the outbound invoice (which are usually #10 envelopes).
For more information about invoices in Sonar, review the Invoices in Sonar: Examples, Creation & Contents document here.
Creating a Printed Invoice Batch
To create a printed invoice batch:
- Click "Billing Tools" from the left-side menu
- Click on the "Printed Invoice Batches" tile
- Click the "Create Printed Invoice Batch" button
- From within the Create Printed Invoice Batch window, use the Date selector to choose the date you wish to generate the invoices for
- Click "Create"
- A single PDF document (that contains all invoices generated for the specified date) will appear in the table and be available to download
Printed Invoice Fee
Sonar offers the ability to charge a fee for customers who opt to have their invoices printed. This fee is configured under your instance's billing settings and functions by being associated with a one time service - once automatic billing runs, the fee will be applied to any applicable customer accounts and show up as a transaction on the invoice.
Creating a Printed Invoice Fee
To create a printed invoice fee, you must first create the one time service that it will be associated with. The steps on how to complete this and enable the printed invoice fee are provided below:
Part 1: Creating the One Time Service
- Navigate to Settings > Billing > Services
- Click "Create One Time Service" from the top-right of the Services screen
- From within the Create One Time Service window:
- Ensure the Enabled box is checked
- Give your fee a name (i.e. 'Printed Invoice Fee')
- For the Application field, select 'Debit'
- In the Amount field, enter the amount in dollars you wish to charge for the fee
- Click "Create"For a more in-depth overview of services and how to create them, refer to the Services: Overview documentation here.
Part 2: Enabling the Printed Invoice Fee
- Navigate to Settings > Billing > Billing Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Under Printed Invoice Fee Service, select the one time service you created in Part 1 above
- Click "Save" at the bottom-right side of the screenOnly accounts that have the preference for printed invoices enabled will be charged the printed invoice fee.